Meeting annually since 1948, the National Association of Human Services Finance Officers (HSFO) was incorporated in 1984. HSFO is a nonprofit organization of human services finance officers – who are responsible for the fiscal administration of state/federal human service programs and grants.
- To promote effective and efficient administration of human services through active participation by fiscal officers in policy and procedural planning
- To provide fiscal officers with an opportunity for group discussions of fiscal and related matters through annual meetings
- To review, compare, and evaluate systems of fiscal operations currently in effect among the various states
- To review, discuss, and evaluate new and proposed changes in fiscal methods and procedures applicable to human services administration
- To provide a medium for exchange of information among finance officers of the several states
- To provide the opportunity for professional training in subject matter unique to the financial administration of state human services agencies